Laser hair removal is one of the most effective methods for long-term care reduction. It terminates the need to shave or pluck daily and avoid periodic waxing. You can also avoid common side effects like ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and blade cuts.
This method is best for those who have dark hair and light skin. However, some of the best at home laser hair removal devices can be very effective for blonde or red hair.
- Before starting treatment, make sure that you are not photosensitive, and are not taking isotretinoin.
- If you have taken Accutane, make sure you have been off it for at least six months. This drug can affect skin recovery.
- Another contraindication to take note of is your tendency for cold sores and keloid scars.
- If you have any of the above, make sure to consult with your physician first.
Preparation for treatment
- Have the area shaved the day before or evening prior
- Avoid tanning salon as well in the meantime if you're planning to take the procedure anytime soon
- Cleanse the area thoroughly with a gentle cleanser
- Take any medication prescribed by the doctor at least 30 minutes before for full effect